[Python-Dev] Change to ossaudiodev setparameters() method

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 01 Jun 2003 21:23:00 -0400

> On 29 May 2003, Guido van Rossum said:
> > Alas, no change.  Still some squeaks from the speaker followed by a
> > hanging process:
>
> Well, my recent ossaudiodev changes wouldn't have changed anything if
> ossaudiodev is completely hosed.  However, I've finally gotten around to
> writing my pure C OSS test program.  It's checked in under
> sandbox/audiotest.  Please give it a try!
>
>   cd nondist/sandbox
>   cvs up -dP
>   cd audiotest
>   make && ./audiotest
>
> If *that* doesn't give sensible results, then we can't blame ossaudiodev
> for the fact that it doesn't work on your box.

That gives sensible results.  The mystery continues...

But I wonder if there's a difference between my home and my work box?
The ossaudiodev test runs fine on my home box now, but it hung on my
work box last week; I seem to recall that it failed on my home box
before your last fix to the C module.