[Python-Dev] Re: Introduction

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Mon, 02 Jun 2003 10:08:34 +0100

Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org> writes:

> Although I haven't played with it much, in the back of my mind, I
> think descriptors might be the right implementation technique for
> this.  And the syntax that seems to keep coming up is something like:
>
> def f(x, y) [pre, post]:
>    foo()
>
> For other reasons, I'm finding that I'd really like to see this syntax
> for function decorators embodied in its own PEP.

Well, I implemented it, so I've been sort of assuming that I'll be
writing the PEP.  However if someone else beats me to it, I'm not
going to be offended!  I'm not going to get to it in a hurry, TBH.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Richard Gabriel was wrong: worse is not better, lying is better.
  Languages and systems succeed in the marketplace to the extent that