[Python-Dev] IDLEfork Re-integration into Python

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 18:32:25 +0200

On zondag, jun 8, 2003, at 10:47 Europe/Amsterdam, Just van Rossum
wrote:

> Jack Jansen wrote:
>
>>> No, but... What advantage would be gained by a deeper nesting?
>>
>> Uhm... Nothing really:-) except that everything that depends on
>> Tkinter is in there, I thought this was by design (so you can remove
>> it if you aren't interested in Tkinter).
>
> Well, _much_ of Idle depends in Tk, but not everything. There is quite
> some good stuff in there that is either directly useful for other IDE
> writers, or at least have the potential to be refactored to that
> effect.

Ok, that answers the original question I was asking. Then it indeed
belongs straight under Lib.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -