[Python-Dev] Running tests on freebsd5

PieterB PieterB <pieterb@gewis.nl>
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:01:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I just checked out the Python CVS head, ran configure and compiled
succesfully on FreeBSD 5.0. I then ran 'make tests', and had two
failing tests. I don't think these errors are related to FreeBSD5.0,
so I post them here. Can somebody add the lists of tests for
'freebsd5' to regrtest.py, and have a look at these tracebacks?

PieterB
--
http://zwiki.org/PieterB

2 tests failed:
    test_socket test_tempfile
34 tests skipped:
    test_aepack test_al test_bsddb test_bsddb185 test_bsddb3 test_cd
    test_cl test_curses test_dbm test_email_codecs test_fcntl
    test_gdbm test_gl test_imgfile test_ioctl test_linuxaudiodev
    test_locale test_macfs test_macostools test_mpz test_nis
    test_normalization test_ossaudiodev test_pep277 test_plistlib
    test_scriptpackages test_socket_ssl test_socketserver
    test_sunaudiodev test_timeout test_unicode_file test_urllibnet
    test_winreg test_winsound
Ask someone to teach regrtest.py about which tests are
expected to get skipped on freebsd5.

When running test_socket.py, I get the following traceback:
Ran 51 tests in 2.470s

FAILED (errors=1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test_socket.py", line 755, in ?
    test_main()
  File "test_socket.py", line 752, in test_main
    test_support.run_unittest(*tests)
  File ".../src/Lib/test/test_support.py",
line 259, in run_unittest
    run_suite(suite, testclass)
  File ".../src/Lib/test/test_support.py", line 247, in run_suite
    raise TestFailed(err)
test.test_support.TestFailed: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test_socket.py", line 215, in testCrucialConstants
    socket.SOCK_RDM
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SOCK_RDM'

When I run test_tempfile.py I get:

Ran 34 tests in 0.703s
FAILED (failures=1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test_tempfile.py", line 651, in ?
    test_main()
  File "test_tempfile.py", line 648, in test_main
    test_support.run_unittest(*test_classes)
  File ".../src/Lib/test/test_support.py", line 259, in run_unittest
    run_suite(suite, testclass)
  File ".../src/Lib/test/test_support.py", line 247, in run_suite
    raise TestFailed(err)
test.test_support.TestFailed: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test_tempfile.py", line 299, in test_noinherit
    self.failIf(retval > 0, "child process reports failure")
  File ".../src/Lib/unittest.py", line 264, in failIf
    if expr: raise self.failureException, msg
AssertionError: child process reports failure