[Python-Dev] Running tests on freebsd5

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
29 Jun 2003 15:28:42 +0200

PieterB <pieterb@gewis.nl> writes:

> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SOCK_RDM'

It appears your system either does not support SOCK_RDM, or somehow
Python failed to pickup the definition of SOCK_RDM. An expert for your
system would have to determine which one it is. He would then need to
investigate whether not providing this constant is a deliberate
omission, a known bug, or an unknown bug.

If it is a known or unknown bug, the test deserves to fail - Python
tests often fail because of bugs in the system.

If this is a deliberate omission, somebody should give us the
rationale for this omission, so we can reconsider not to treat
SOCK_RDM as a crucial constant.

> AssertionError: child process reports failure

You will have to find out in more detail why this happens. Find out
what sys.executable, tester, v, and d are, then find out whether the
process is invoked correctly.

If it is not invoked, find out why.

If it is invoked, find out whether it returns 1, or some other
value. If it returns some other value, find out which value and
why. If it returns 1, find out which of the two sys.exits in
tf_inherit_check.py is taken. And so on.

Regards,
Martin