[Python-Dev] Re: [Pydotorg] updated notes about building bsddb185 module

"Martin v. Löwis" martin@v.loewis.de
Sat, 03 May 2003 01:32:24 +0200

Skip Montanaro wrote:

[building bsddb185]
> I suppose that's an alternative, however, it is complicated by a couple
> issues:
>
>     * The bsddb185 module would have to be built as bsddb (not a big deal in
>       and of itself).

Why is that? I propose to build the bsddb185 module as bsddb185. It does
not support being built as bsddb[module].

>     * The current bsddb package directory would have to be renamed or not
>       installed to avoid name clashes.

I suggest no such thing, and I agree that this would not be desirable.

Regards,
Martin