Using emacs' unexec to speed Python startup (was Re: [Python-Dev] Startup time)

Jeff Epler jepler@unpythonic.net
Mon, 19 May 2003 10:24:01 -0500

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 09:40:21AM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> On the other hand, I think it would be nice to check it into the sandbox if
> it's not already there.  If licensing is an issue, just include a README
> file which says, "Get thus-and-such from a recent Emacs (or XEmacs?)
> distribution."

Sure, I think that could be a good idea.

How should the changes to core python be included?  Making 'import site'
happen when loading a dumped binary required another change.  I could
easily produce a diff for them.

Jeff