[Python-Dev] which sleepycat versions do we support in 2.3.* ?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Nov 12 07:45:00 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 03:14, Alex Martelli wrote:

> I believe that setup.py is accurate, README slightly out of date,
> Modules/Setup way out of date -- but I thought that double
> checking couldn't possibly hurt.  So, can I confirm this to the
> help at python.org querant, and fix the comments in README (should
> it say 3.1 through 4.2, or 3.2 through 4.2, given the "only partial support"
> for 3.1?) and Modules/Setup (presumably with a pointer to setup.py)?

Greg can give the definitive answer here, but my understanding is that
the bsddb wrapper in Python 2.3 probably requires at least BerkeleyDB
3.3.11, supports up to 4.1.25, with the latter recommended (if it were
up to me, at least :).  The wrapper in Python 2.3.x probably does not
support BerkeleyDB 4.2.x.

-Barry