[Python-Dev] Re: 2.4a2, and @decorators

Neil Schemenauer nas at arctrix.com
Wed Aug 4 03:07:12 CEST 2004

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 08:25:19PM -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:
> Apparently, the question of whether decos are an improvement has
> at least temporarily been decided in the affirmative.

That's not apparent to me.  It seems to me that most people just got
sick of the endless debate and tuned out.  The people who had urgent
need for the feature were probably a bit more persistent.
Personally, I don't see the cost vs. benefit of the feature to be
compelling.  It seems there is not a lot you can do with a decorator
without resorting to ugly hacks (e.g. messing with bytecode).

  returning-to-tuned-out-mode-ly yr's Neil