[Python-Dev] Re: 2.4a2, and @decorators

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Wed Aug 4 18:09:54 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 4. August 2004 17:17 schrieb Batista, Facundo:
> So, all that said, I'm +1 to take this out from 2.4.

-1000 to take it out from 2.4... And +1 on Guido's intuition for choosing the
@ syntax (it goes easily for me). I'd love to see something of the following
form:

class x:
	synchronized = threading.Synchronizer()

	@synchronized
	def y(self):
		<do something>

When's threading.Synchronizer coming (just a threading.(R)Lock with an extra
__call__ which prepares a method for synchronization with this lock)? I
already have some patches which implement module/class/instance locking using
just a simple RLock and the decorator syntax, and I'd gladly sign over the
patches to the PSF. ;)

Heiko.