[Python-Dev] @decorators, the PEP and the "options" out there?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 07:31:57 CEST 2004

[Paramjit Oberoi]
> As Tim Peters said in import this, "Beautiful is better than ugly" and
> "Readability counts".

Indeed.  Luckily, since I was able to channel those words from the
depths of Guido's bottomless mind, I can also channel what beauty and
readability mean.

> PS2: I like the list-after-def syntax.

There's quite a peculiar split over that.  I find the @ gimmick most
readable of all, and especially because it forces one decoration per
physical line.  list-after-def looks like a train wreck piling up
after the arglist half the time.  But @ looks like a friendly little
womb, with a happy little birth canal, out of which is born a single
pure expression.  What's more beautiful than the miracle of birth?
Certainly not a train wreck.

leave-the-miracle-of-death-for-lesser-languages-to-explore-ly y'rs  - tim