[Python-Dev] Re: MSI Installer issues

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 06:01:17 CEST 2004

[Martin v. Löwis]
> While I have your attention: you have commented that the installer logo
> needs attribution, during the installation process. Is this still the
> case, and what is the text I should use? Any other attribution that
> needs to be made?

Its creator (Erik van Blokland) asked for attribution, in return for
doing the work.  All I know is here:

     http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-July/046317.html

He seemed happy with the attribution quoted there.

> A colleague has commented that logo is too low-res, is ugly, and does
> not feature reptiles. Should we look for an update to the logo?

I'm surprised this didn't trigger a flood of responses dwarfing the
decorators thread!

I'm out of any logo debate.  "low-res" may be a feature, as some
people have very low screen resolution settings and very large fonts.
Etc, etc.  If you want the quest to end, don't ask Guido to approve a
new logo <0.9 wink>.