[Python-Dev] CGI module [was: New Subscriber]

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Aug 12 18:23:10 CEST 2004

Steve Majewski writes:
> As far as I can tell, all of those threads died out without any actual
> code being produced. However, they do give a good enumeration of what's
> wrong with the current cgi module and what's needed in a new module.
>
> I guess  the Web-SIG is the best place for any further discussion.

As Steve notes, we've discussed this subject quite a bit.  The next
step is to form some more structured proposals, in the form of PEP
submissions.  These can then properly be considered on c.l.p. and
python-dev.  If folks want to contribute, they can review the past
discussion, pick an area to write a PEP on (it would be polite to
announce that on Web-SIG), write a proposal, and continue on with
the process.

This is starting to happen.  Those on Web-SIG will see that Phillip
Eby has submitted a pre-PEP on a Web Server Gateway Interface (WSGI),
which is being discussed right now.
[http://mail.python.org/pipermail/web-sig/2004-August/000518.html]

Remember that having working code sometimes helps people evaluate a
PEP proposal :-).

Bill