[Python-Dev] test_tempfile failure on Mac OSX

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Aug 16 20:10:33 CEST 2004

Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Brett> drifty at Bretts-Computer>./python.exe Lib/test/regrtest.py test_sundry
>     Brett> test_tcl test_tempfile
>     Brett> test_sundry
>     Brett> test_tcl
>     Brett> test_tempfile
>     Brett> [7731 refs]
>     Brett> All 3 tests OK.
>     Brett> [31661 refs]
>
>     Brett> This UNIX pydebug build was compiled on Aug 14 for OS X 10.3.5 .
>
> Thanks.  I'm going to let it slide on the assumption that it's a fixed bug
> in Jaguar.  On the outside chance someone wants to truly mimic my build
> environment, here's how I configured:
>
>     ./configure '--with-pydebug' '--with-libs=/usr/lib/libMallocDebug.a'
>
> I suppose it's possible other folks trying to reproduce this problem
> encounter the same behavior but aren't linked with MallocDebug, so the
> problem passes silently.

And just to be thorough with my build environment (maybe we should have
some command-line switch that outputs everything about the build of the
interpreter?):

CONFIG_ARGS=    '--prefix=/Users/drifty/Code/compiled_CVS'
'--disable-framework' '        --disable-toolbox-glue' '--without-cxx'
'--with-pydebug' '-enable-unicode=ucs2' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include
-I/opt/include' 'LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib -L/opt/lib'

-Brett