[Python-Dev] Deprecated xmllib module

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Dec 6 13:12:48 CET 2004

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> Anthony Baxter wrote:
>> The library docs for, e.g. xmllib already say deprecated at the top - maybe
>> it should be larger?
>
> I think it would be better to *remove* the xmllib documentation.
> Existing code which needs the module will continue to work even
> without documentation, and new code is unlikely to be written for
> a module that has no documentation, and where importing the module
> gives a DeprecationWarning.

+1, at least for *hiding* the documentation of xmllib + similar
modules.  I'm not sure wholesale removal is really a good idea.

It's like the new "Non-essential Built-in Functions" section of the
lib ref.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  <Acapnotic> jemfinch: What's to parse?  A numeric code, perhaps a
              chicken, and some arguments