[Python-Dev] Re: 2.4 news reaches interesting places

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Sat Dec 11 15:07:27 CET 2004

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
[snip]
> fwiw, IDG's Computer Sweden,  "sweden's leading IT-newspaper" has a
> surprisingly big Python article in their most recent issue:
>
>     PYTHON FEELS WELL
>     Better performance biggest news in 2.4
[snip]

Perhaps the message getting out is actually that Python's performance is
getting better, so nothing to worry about. The original article that
Guido cited had a headline along the same lines: "Faster Python grabs
programmers".

So perhaps there really is nothing to worry about in this department:
the headlines are saying "Python now faster". That to me sounds like an
excellent way to combat "Python is slow" memes. :)

Regards,

Martijn