[Python-Dev] Re: Re: Re: 2.4 news reaches interesting places

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Dec 15 21:21:38 CET 2004

For a subsite aimed at businesses, business.python.org is obvious and
easily remembered.  Not all businesses are corporations.  'about' and 'why'
are not specific at all.

I think such a subsite, linked from the main site also, would be a good
idea.  It should explain both why (including success stories) and how
(including employment/contracting) to use Python in business.  Pieces could
come from the existing site.

I think the mere existence of such a site would constitute a message to
businesses that Python is ready for business.  I suspect the existence of
even a skeletal site would attract contributions to build it further.

Correspondingly, perhaps there should also be a
science(or scitech or learning).python.org with pages on Astronomy,
Bioscience, Chemistry, Mathematics, Education, etc.  Perhaps the scipy and
other science application groups would help.

With two subsites for the main application areas, this would leave
www.python.org to focus on the language itself.

Terry J. Reedy