[Python-Dev] Proposed: change to posting rules for python-dev

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Fri Jan 30 18:30:10 EST 2004

[Chris and Ann Reedy]
>   I recently subscribed to the list after reading from the web site
> for several months. I wonder if the proposed policy will end up
> cutting off postings from people who follow the list but aren't
> otherwise subscibed,

It would, but you could subscribe and then immediately disable email
delivery for your subscription (so you'd still be a list member, and so
allowed to post, but wouldn't get any email from the list).

> and if that's good or bad.

It depends on which posts get bounced <wink>.  I get so many spams, worms,
etc, that I wouldn't notice the difference if python-dev stopped leaking
them.  Presumably other people would notice.