[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Doc/whatsnewwhatsnew24.tex, 1.55, 1.56

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Fri Jul 2 06:24:08 EDT 2004

[A.M. Kuchling]
> It's a general comment; the document has my name on it, so I'd like it
> to be my prose.

So it does.

My suggestion is continue to have implementers write the first draft and
that you use that as a basis for altering to your own style.  This
matches what is done with the tutorial which has Guido's name on it but
has many sections authored by others.

The implementers are in a good position to highlight how something was
designed to be used.  The examples in the whatsnew document will likely
shape how a feature is used, why it was introduced, and whether users
will respond well to it (IOW, the implementer has a strong vested
interest in the presentation).

Like Martin, I would offer to take out my entries, but that would
transform it from being completely current to being nearly vacant.

Do what you want with it; I fully respect that it has your name on it.

Raymond