[Python-Dev] Leading whitespace in Mac IDE script name

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Sun Jul 4 21:12:38 CEST 2004

Nick Coghlan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to fetch Python from CVS using Eclipse, and it's choking on a
> file with leading whitespace in its name:
>
> /python/dist/src/Mac/IDE scripts/Widget demos/  separator ---
>
> There's an identical file in the same directory, but without the leading
> whitespace in the name.
>
> So is this 'leading whitespace' version actually needed, or is it
> something historical?
>
> Regards,
> Nick
>
> P.S. I also sent a question to the Eclipse folks regarding the fact that
> the Eclipse CVS checkout collapses in a screaming heap when it hits this
> file. However, if the Mac release doesn't use this file, getting rid of
> it from the HEAD would probably get me up and running more quickly.

There is a long-outstanding bug report about a bunch of file names in
the MAC/IDE scripts directory: 764447.  Supposedly this was going to be
dealt with after 2.3 became final...
I expect that any fix for this report would also fix your problem with
the leading white space.

--
Sjoerd Mullender <sjoerd at acm.org>