[Python-Dev] Regression tests

Batista, Facundo FBatista at uniFON.com.ar
Tue Jul 13 21:53:00 CEST 2004

This is my first time doing the regression tests after an installation, and
I have some questions:

- It gave me a lot of skipped:

    42 tests skipped:
        test__locale test_aepack test_al test_applesingle test_bsddb185
        test_cd test_cl test_codecmaps_cn test_codecmaps_jp
        test_codecmaps_kr test_codecmaps_tw test_commands test_crypt
        test_curses test_dbm test_dl test_fcntl test_fork1 test_gdbm
        test_gl test_grp test_imgfile test_ioctl test_linuxaudiodev
        test_macfs test_macostools test_mhlib test_mpz test_nis
        test_normalization test_openpty test_ossaudiodev test_plistlib
        test_poll test_posix test_pty test_pwd test_resource
        test_scriptpackages test_signal test_sunaudiodev test_timing
    Those skips are all expected on win32.

As long these are all expected to skip, shouldn't they not be tested in
-uall mode?

- It gave me some failed:

    6 tests failed:
        test_cfgparser test_decimal test_socket_ssl test_timeout
        test_urllib2 test_urllibnet

What should I do with these? I'll certainly take a look at test_decimal, but
with the others? Inform them here? Open bugs?

Thank you!

Facundo Batista
Desarrollo de Red
fbatista at unifon.com.ar