[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.4, alpha 1

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Jul 16 18:25:44 CEST 2004

    Christian> In February, I reported a doctest bug against 2.3.3 (request
    Christian> id 902628) and attached a patch to fix the problem.

    Christian> 2.4 alpha 1 still shows this behavior:

    Christian> TypeError: Tester.run__test__: values in dict must be strings, functions, methods, or classes; <super: <class 'A'>, NULL>

    Christian> What can I do to help getting this fixed?

Hey Christian...  Andrew Kuchling has been holding bug days recently, where
a group of folks get on irc and coordinate activity whittling down the
bug/patch backlog.  There was one last weekend.  Some python-dev folks
besides Andrew have participated (Brett Cannon comes to mind).  If you can
participate or at least drop one of them a note the day before the next one
you can probably convince one of them to look at it then.  I don't recall
when the next one is, probably around the release of 2.4a2.  Check c.l.py or
c.l.py.a archives for announcements.

Skip