[Python-Dev] bdist_wininst

Walter Dörwald walter at livinglogic.de
Fri Jul 16 22:04:32 CEST 2004

Thomas Heller wrote:

> Walter, can you try out the attached patch?  It seems to work for me.
> Both for unicode and ascii strings as author name, containing an umlaut.

Installing http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4/Python-2.4a1.msi,
applying your patch to the CVS version and copying the distutils
directory over C:\Programme\Python24\Lib\distutils gives me the
following:

c:\programme\python24\python setup.py bdist --formats=wininst
running bdist
running bdist_wininst
running build
running build_py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 50, in ?
     package_dir={"ll": ""}
   File "c:\programme\python24\lib\distutils\core.py", line 150, in setup
     dist.run_commands()
   File "c:\programme\python24\lib\distutils\dist.py", line 951, in
run_commands
     self.run_command(cmd)
   File "c:\programme\python24\lib\distutils\dist.py", line 971, in
run_command
     cmd_obj.run()
   File "c:\programme\python24\lib\distutils\command\bdist.py", line
146, in run
     self.run_command(cmd_name)
   File "c:\programme\python24\lib\distutils\cmd.py", line 333, in
run_command
     self.distribution.run_command(command)
   File "c:\programme\python24\lib\distutils\dist.py", line 971, in
run_command
     cmd_obj.run()
   File "c:\programme\python24\lib\distutils\command\bdist_wininst.py",
line 127, in run
     assert self.skip_build, "Should have already checked this"
AssertionError: Should have already checked this

Bye,
    Walter Dörwald