[Python-Dev] Non-Visual Studio builds on Windows XP?

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jul 18 00:22:20 CEST 2004

Nick Coghlan:

> Which brings me back to needing a .vcproj -> makefile conversion tool.
> At the moment, I can't find any references to anything other than the
> full version of Visual Studio being able to do this.

   It is possible that a 2 stage process may get you something.

   prjconverter converts from VS .NET .vcproj to VC 6 .dsp:

   dsw2mak converts from .dsp to makefile

   I experimented with prjconverter for my projects a while back but decided
it was easier to maintain the different build files in parallel by hand
instead. I haven't tried dsw2mak.

   Here is someone trying to build Python using dsw2mak: