[Python-Dev] PEP 262 - active?

John Lenton jlenton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 19:07:52 CEST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:00:25 -0400, A.M. Kuchling <amk at amk.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 10:04:38AM -0300, John Lenton wrote:
> > difficult) to keep both in sync; the proposed "package manager
> > installs files" is good, but maybe it can be improved...?
>
> The "install-a-file" scheme was written that way at the request of
> some Red Hat people who were at PyCon, precisely so that RPMs could
> also keep the package database up to date.

and it's a good base to start with, I didn't mean the contrary. What I
meant was that it should be done in such a way that if Debian or
RedHat wanted to they could subclass (or implement the interface) to
attain tighter integration.

--
John Lenton (jlenton at gmail.com) -- Random fortune:
bash: fortune: command not found