[Python-Dev] RE: Python-Dev Digest, Vol 10, Issue 52

Jewett, Jim J jim.jewett at eds.com
Tue Jun 1 00:10:22 EDT 2004

"Martin v. L?wis" <martin at v.loewis.de>:

> It is not surprising the patches haven't seen any
> comments: We get way more patches than we can handle
> these days. If you want to help, please review patches
> of other people, and recommend adaption or rejection.

I doubt I'm the only one who assumed that anything but
a change suggestion would be counterproductive; that it
would just be adding a "me too" that slowed down the
person who could actually check the patch in.

If reviews from anyone are welcome, it wouldn't hurt
to mention that a few more places.  Ideally, it would
be in the:

(1)  boilerplate that you see when looking at a patch
(2)  boilerplate at the top of a list of patches
but didn't see it until I was already looking specifically
for information on patch reviews.)
(4)  pre-announce for a new alpha release.

-jJ