[Python-Dev] Python bug day?

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jun 1 13:50:38 EDT 2004

A.M. Kuchling wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 11:55:08AM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
>
>>A weekday would be impossible for at least me and Fred.
>

> OK.  Something I had planned for this weekend is not going to happen,
> so I'm free this weekend.  Is there anyone who wants to participate
> who can't make Saturday?

Well, I am going to be out of town visiting my father this weekend (on
top of finishing my final project for graphics; damn OpenGL and
lighting).  And the following weekend I am going to be visiting friends
out of town before I start working full-time.  After that I am available.

Perhaps we should hold another one of these for the beta?  That way any
bugs or patches that require more feedback and testing from this bug day
for the alpha can get it at another bug day.

As for telling who is working on a bug or patch, perhaps someone could
write up an IRC bot?  Then people can just say ``<tracker #>: working``
and such, allowing people to query by asking ``<tracker #>: status`` and
have it say who is currently working on it.  But I have no clue how
feasible that is since I don't know how IRC works under the covers
(heck, I barely know how to log on).

-Brett