[Python-Dev] pre-announcing 2.4

Chermside, Michael mchermside at ingdirect.com
Thu May 27 08:02:50 EDT 2004

> Fixes will be accepted
> all through the release process - although once we get to the
> first beta, bugs that change behaviour will have a harder path.

I'd propose one change. Weaken the above statement. People will
take that to mean that THEIR fix will be accepted ANYWHERE in
the release process (including the day before the release). I'd
suggest something more like this:

  Fixes are welcomed up through the alpha release, but as we
  get closer to the release date we will be less and less
  likely to accept patches that change behavior.

Maybe that's too harsh, but I think your original wording is
inviting complaints later on.

-- Michael Chermside

This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you believe you have received the message in error, please notify the sender and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.