[Python-Dev] 2.4b1 release, this Friday (AU time) -- imminent TRUNK FREEZING

Jack Diederich jack at performancedrivers.com
Wed Oct 13 22:05:37 CEST 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 03:10:48AM +1000, Anthony Baxter wrote:
> Ok, I'm going to be cutting the Python release Friday (Australian
> time). This means that I'm declaring the trunk frozen for the release
> in about 24 hours. Lets say at 18:00 hours UTC on Thursday 14th
> (that's 14:00 on the US east coast, if my memory is correct, and
> about 04:00 where here in Australia).

US East Coast is currently GMT -400, West Coast is -700
I never pretend to know how daylight savings time works but I don't
think it will change on a Friday.

-Jack

ps, flying from Philly to Syndey (layover in LAX) has the fun effect
of taking no "time" going one way, and taking two "days" going the other.