[Python-Dev] About the Wise installer on Windows

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Oct 13 22:11:12 CEST 2004

Nick Bastin wrote:
> Microsoft made available an OS to the general public (2003 Pro, I think)
> for x86_64 at *least* 6 months ago, maybe more, and MSDN members have
> access to other OS builds as well (at least 2003 server).

That was no release (in the sense of a product release) of the system,
though, was it? My understanding that the system is still considered
in beta by Microsoft.

> You have at
> least 2 compiler options, namely MSVC++ and GCC.  ICL does not (yet)
> support x64_64.

How can you get a copy of MSVC++? VC.NET 2003 does not come with an
AMD64 compiler to my knowledge, nor does the February 2003 (?) platform
SDK incorporate one (which does incorporate an Itanium compiler).

Regards,
Martin