[Python-Dev] Patches

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Oct 20 05:56:39 CEST 2004

    Martin> I have suggested a procedure in the past, which never has
    Martin> been executed so far. I promise that I will stick to it if
    Martin> somebody actually executes it. Here it goes:

    Martin> - For every patch you want to get reviewed, review 10
    Martin> (ten) other patches.

I think 10 is way too high; I would call it prohibitive for anyone who
isn't already primarily a Python hacker.

I agree it should be more than 1 for 1 for several reasons, but I'd be
willing to bet you get excellent results from 3:1 or even 2:1.  Even
if you think that risks being a burden on your time, since you've had
no takers yet (and it's been a while since the last time I saw your
proposal), I'd say that lowering the "price" to 5:1 is a reasonable
idea, and not very risky.  You can always raise the price again if you
get 50 useful reviews by next Tuesday.<wink>