[Python-Dev] Patches

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Oct 19 20:15:51 CEST 2004

Oleg Broytmann wrote:
>    I submitted a number of patches to the SF tracker. Few of them were
> accepted, but most of them still are unreviewd by core team.
>
>    What can I do to help? (A polite way to say "how can I push them?" :)

I have suggested a procedure in the past, which never has been executed
so far. I promise that I will stick to it if somebody actually executes
it. Here it goes:

- For every patch you want to get reviewed, review 10 (ten) other
   patches. A review should explain what kind of analysis was performed
   (code inspection, testing on platform X, etc), and it should include
   a recommendation for acceptance, rejection, or modification. If a
   patch already has a suggestion of modification, which was unanswered
   for some time, either post the modification yourself, or suggest
   rejection of the patch.
- Post your reviews to the relevant patches.
- Post a summary of the patches reviewed, including the patch number
   and review recommendation, to python-dev, along with the patch you
   want reviewed in turn.

Notice that a review at this point may conclude with "acceptable for
2.5", which means that we need to go back to the patch after 2.4 has
been forked.

Regards,
Martin