[Python-Dev] Adding a developer

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Oct 20 20:13:28 CEST 2004

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> Could someone please add Lars Gustaebel (SF ID "gustaebel") as a
> developer?  He's responsible for writing and maintaining tarfile.py,
> but his bugfixes usually sit around in the tracker until someone gets
> around to looking at them, which is inefficient.

In addition to what Tim says (that Lars also should ask for it), I
see no real problem with the status quo. I have applied a number of
tarfile patches in the past, and keep an eye on any new patches. Of
the pending patches, I see no real problem if they are not applied -
even if they don't get into 2.4, I think adding them to 2.4.1 might
still be appropriate.

tarfile is inherently a tricky issue (with the tar file format being
so difficult), and I believe Lars appreciates that somebody reviews
his changes before applying them.

Regards,
Martin