[Python-Dev] Re: hierarchicial named groups extension to the re library

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Thu Apr 7 09:27:02 CEST 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 16:48, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> If this kind of functionality would fall on immediate rejection for
> some reason, even writing the PEP might be pointless.

Note that even if something is rejected, the PEP itself is useful - it
collects knowledge in a format that's far more accessible than searching
the mailing list archives.

(note that I'm not talking about this particular case, but about PEPs in
general - I have no opinion on the current proposal, because I'm not a
heavy user of REs)