[Python-Dev] PEP 347: Migration to Subversion

Raymond Hettinger raymond.hettinger at verizon.net
Tue Aug 16 22:24:47 CEST 2005

[Tim]
> +1 from me.  But, I don't think my vote should count much, and (sorry)
> Guido's even less:  what do the people who frequently check in want?
> That means people like you (Martin), Michael, Raymond, Walter, Fred.
> ... plus the release manager(s).

+1 from me.  CVS is meeting my needs but I would definitely benefit from
fast diffs and atomic commits.  My experiences with SVN to-date have all
been positive and it was easy to learn.

Also, I think it is a nice plus that our choosing SVN means that others
can choose SVK and get the benefits of a distributed rcs without us
having to do anything extra to support it.  James Knight's thoughts on
the subject seem on target.

Raymond