[Python-Dev] Admin access using svn+ssh

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Aug 22 18:07:50 CEST 2005

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> I'm completely confused about what, if anything, I need to send to you.  I
> can already access the python.org website repository via svn.

Yes, but you do so using username/password, right? pythondev will be
using svn+ssh.

> Will I
> automatically get access to the new Python source repository or do I need to
> send you pub key(s)?

You need to send me pubkeys. Actually, I just copied the ones from
creosote (see below). You should now be able to checkout

svn+ssh://pythondev@svn.python.org/python/trunk

> Are dinsdale.python.org and svn.python.org the same
> machine with different IP addresses?

Correct.

> If they are different machines, why
> would we want to host svn repositories on multiple machines?

We don't. However, we use different access methods. Actually, we
*might* use different access methods. If this turns out to be
too confusing to users, we are probably back to username/password.

Regards,
Martin

P.S. The keys I installed are

ssh-dss
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
skip at montanaro.dyndns.org
ssh-rsa
AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAIEAq83rRGWRR4SdvvBUMJ/gDmMG7U7LdiC50kqUTbw+Kogum5JT7kexi1XYKgyKJ8FbRwMx1Xj9zjQERgDhYtFCJg72kSkD2muN3DkyU7vIoZQM/aNpspPNNDWRqj8pzHPzhWDUfL+tjZl78JD51mTOlGHaZUGdKnPeUOQF2XTadis=
skip at montanaro.dyndns.org