[Python-Dev] JOB OPENING: Implementor for Python and Search
burt at dfki.de
burt at dfki.de
Fri Feb 4 15:04:33 CET 2005
I hope posting job vacancies does not violate established list
netiquette. The job in question is mainly to do with the PyPy EU project.
German Centre for AI (DFKI), Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3
Saarbruecken 66123, Germany
Email: burt at dfki.de
Tel: +49 681 302 2565
Fax: +49 681 302 5338
DFKI-LT - Job Opening
The German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI GmbH) is
seeking for its Language Technology Lab a researcher/software developer
with a strong background in Computer Science, who is interested in
working on industrial R&D in the area of language implementation and
support for the semantic web. The contract will be for approx. two
years, with extensions being subject to availability of funding.
Description of work
The successful candidate will carry on research and collaborate on
software design and implementation in the following areas:
- Investigation of search in constraint and logic programming
- Investigation of query languages for the semantic web.
- Design of conceptual framework for search in Python.
- Implementation of search in Python using the facilities offered by
- Application of the new search functionality to support queries in
ontology driven web sites.
- Good programming skills, particularly in the Python programming language.
- Knowledge of semantic web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Working with high motivation in a team.
- Knowledge of the implementation of Python.
- Knowledge of constraint programming.
DFKI GmbH is located on the campus of Saarland University in
Saarbrücken, Germany. The university's research groups and curricula in
the fields of Computational Linguistics and Computer Science are
The LT-Lab offers excellent working conditions in a well-established
research group. The position provides opportunities to collaborate in a
variety of international projects. The competitive salary is calculated
according to qualifications based on DFKI GmbH scales. The successful
candidate will have opportunities for improving their qualification.
Please send your electronic application (preferably in PDF format) to
lt-jobs at dfki.de, referring to job opening No. 200501, not later than
February 15, 2005. A meaningful application should include a cover
letter, a CV, a brief summary of research interests, a statement of
interest in the position offered, and contact information for three
More information about the Python-Dev