[Python-Dev] Re: license issues with profiler.py and md5.h/md5c.c

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Feb 12 15:53:26 CET 2005

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005, Terry Reedy wrote:
> ""Martin v. Löwis"" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote in message
> news:420D5731.8020702 at v.loewis.de...
>>
>> http://www.python.org/psf/contrib.html
>
> After reading this page and pages linked thereto, I get the impression that
> you are only asking for contributor forms from contributors of original
> material (such as module or manual section) and not from submitters of
> suggestions (via news,mail) or patches (via sourceforge).  Correct?

Half-correct: patches constitute "work" and should also require a
contrib agreement.  But we're probably not going to press the point
until we get contrib agreements from all CVS committers.

"The joy of coding Python should be in seeing short, concise, readable
classes that express a lot of action in a small amount of clear code --
not in reams of trivial code that bores the reader to death."  --GvR