[Python-Dev] Re: OpenSSL sha module / license issues with md5.h/md5c.c

Donovan Baarda abo at minkirri.apana.org.au
Mon Feb 14 01:02:23 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 17:35 -0800, Gregory P. Smith wrote:
> I've created an OpenSSL version of the sha module.  trivial to modify
> to be a md5 module.  Its a first version with cleanup to be done and
> such.  being managed in the SF patch manager:
>
>  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1121611&group_id=5470&atid=305470
>
> enjoy.  i'll do more cleanup and work on it soon.

Hmmm. I see the patch entry, but it seems to be missing the actual
patch.

Did you code this from scratch, or did you base it on the current
md5module.c? Is it using the openssl sha interface, or the higher level
EVP interface?

The reason I ask is it would be pretty trivial to modify md5module.c to
use the openssl API for any digest, and would be less risk than
fresh-coding one.

--
Donovan Baarda <abo at minkirri.apana.org.au>
http://minkirri.apana.org.au/~abo/