[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 754

Warnes, Gregory R gregory.r.warnes at pfizer.com
Thu Feb 24 21:57:27 CET 2005

[After a long delay, the thread continues....]

Hi All,

I'm pushing ahead on the tasks necessary to add the 'fcponst' module
described in PEP 754:  IEEE 754 Floating Point Special Values.

Per http://www.python.org/psf/contrib, I've
- Changed the license to the Apache License, Version 2.0
- Just faxed the "Contributor Agreement" to the PSF

I've also
- created a patch on sourceforge.net for fpconst code and documentation
(see
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1151323&group_id=5
470&atid=305470)

I will need help connecting the included test functions into the python test
suite.

What else needs to be done to allow fpconst to go into the Python library?

-Greg

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.