[Python-Dev] LinkedHashSet/LinkedHashMap equivalents

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Mar 10 13:57:02 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 01:29, Raymond Hettinger wrote:

> Or the implementation can have a switch to choose between keep-first
> logic or replace logic.

This is what I meant by my previous follow up: while the concept of "an
ordered dictionary" is nice and seemingly generic enough, in practice I
suspect that exact semantics and other design factors will either tend
to push the stdlib implementation into ever more complexity, or won't
prevent people from continuing to roll their own because the stdlib
version "isn't quite right".

-Barry