[Python-Dev] Re: distutils fix for building Zope against Python 2.4.1c1

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 00:22:12 CET 2005

[Trent Mick]
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-checkins/2005-March/045185.html
>
> Note that I also could not build PyWin32 against 2.4.1c1 and I suspect
> this was the same problem. (Still checking to see if this change fixes
> the PyWin32 build for me.)

Be sure to speak up if it doesn't!  Any build that invokes the C
compiler often on Windows would have the same problem.

> In any case, this change should also make it to the trunk, right?

Don't think it's needed on HEAD.  As the checkin comment said:

    This doesn't appear to be an issue on the HEAD (MSVCCompiler initializes
    itself via __init__() on the HEAD).

I verified by building Zope with unaltered HEAD too, and had no
problem with that.