[Python-Dev] Tidier Exceptions

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri May 13 18:10:32 CEST 2005

[Guido, on string exceptions]
> Last I looked Zope 2 still depended on them (especially in the
> bowels of ZODB); maybe Tim Peters knows if that's still the
> case.

Certainly none of that in ZODB, or in ZRS.  Definitely some in Zope 2.6:

<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2005-May/002110.html>

I don't think there are any string exceptions in Zope 2.7, Zope 2.8,
or Zope 3.  Development on Zope 2.6 stopped about a year ago, so the
2.6 story will never change; by the same token, no version of Python
after 2.3.5 will ever be approved for use with 2.6 anyway.