[Python-Dev] Merging PEP 310 and PEP 340-redux?

Guido van Rossum gvanrossum at gmail.com
Sat May 14 07:32:27 CEST 2005

[Bill Janssen]
> I agree.  "with [VAR =] BLOCK:" just reads better.  "with BLOCK [as
> VAR]:" is OK, too.

Maybe someone can set up a public poll (isn't that something you can
do on Yahoo? Or some volunteer can probably write it in Zope in 3
minutes) asking whether people prefer 'do' or 'with'. I'll go with the
outcome; this is pretty much the only contentious point in PEP 343 at
this point.

(That's http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0343.html in case you missed my
announcement; somehow Gmail classified it as spam for me even though I
sent it myself! :-)