[Python-Dev] Freezing the CVS on Oct 26 for SVN switchover

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Nov 1 00:50:00 CET 2005

[Guido van Rossum]

>What's the magic to get $Revision$ and $Date$ to be expanded upon
>checkin?

Expansion does not occur on checkin, but on checkout, and even then,
only in your copy -- that one you see (the internal Subversion copy is
untouched).  You have to edit a property for the file where you want
substitutions.  That property is named "svn:keywords" and its value
decides which kind of substitution you want to allow.

This is all theory for me, I never used them.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca