[Python-Dev] s/hotshot/lsprof

skip@pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Nov 21 02:43:33 CET 2005

    Fredrik> (on the other hand, I'm not sure we need a profiler as part of
    Fredrik> the standard library either, but that's me...)

Painful though hotshot can be at times, I occasionally find it extremely
useful to zoom in on trouble spots.  I haven't used profile in awhile and
haven't tried lsprof yet.  I would think having something readily available
(whether in the standard library or not) would be handy when needed,
hopefully with nothing more than "python setup.py install" required to make
it available.

Skip