[Python-Dev] Pythonic concurrency

Michael Sparks ms at cerenity.org
Sat Oct 8 00:47:13 CEST 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 23:26, Bruce Eckel wrote:
>  I think the ease of use issue opens up far greater possibilities if you
>  include multiprocessing
> That's what I'm looking for.

In which case that's an area we need to push our work into sooner rather
than later. After all, the PS3 and CELL arrive next year. Sun already has
some interesting stuff shipping. I'd like to use that kit effectively, and
more importantly make using that kit effectively available to collegues
sooner rather than later. That really means multiprocess "now" not later.

BTW, I hope it's clear that I'm not saying concurrency is easy per se (noting
your previous post ;-) but rather than it /should/ be made as simple as is
humanly possible.

Thanks!

Michael.
--
Michael Sparks, Senior R&D Engineer, Digital Media Group
Michael.Sparks at rd.bbc.co.uk, http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/

This e-mail may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC.