[Python-Dev] SoC proposal: "fix some old, old bugs in sourceforge"

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Apr 25 18:57:47 CEST 2006

"Alan McIntyre" <alan.mcintyre at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:444E2EEF.2090701 at gmail.com...
> I suppose the "new code" emphasis may make writing a proposal to fix
> bugs an exercise in futility. :)

I personally consider anything *you* write to be 'new code'.  Let us see
what Google thinks.  Patches that other people have written would be 'old
code', so merely reviewing such, no matter how useful to us, would seem to
not meet the criteria.

> I'll submit it anyway,

Please do.  To me, this project would be as useful to Google as many.

> Although I didn't state it explicitly, my intention was to push each
> item to completion, so that at the end bug+patch is closed with new code
> checked into svn.

Good intention.  One think you can't do is the necessary review of your own
patch.  Perhaps you could get pre-commitments to review patches for
particular bugs.

Terry Jan Reedy