[Python-Dev] what do you like about other trackers and what do you hate about SF?

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Thu Apr 27 15:05:20 CEST 2006

Brett Cannon wrote:
> I am starting to hash out what the Call for Trackers is going to say
> on the Infrastructure mailing list.  Laura Creighton suggested we have
> a list of features that we would like to see and what we all hate
> about SF so as to provide some guidelines in terms of how to set up
> the test trackers that people try to sell us on.
>
> So, if you could, please reply to this message with ONE thing you have
> found in a tracker other than SF that you have liked (especially
> compared to SF) and ONE thing you dislike/hate about SF's tracker.  I
> will use the replies as a quick-and-dirty features list of stuff that
> we would like to see demonstrated in the test trackers.

I'd like to have an ability to interconnect bugs (this patch fixes this bug,
this bug is related to this other bug, etc.) with automatic closing of
dependents etc.

In SF, I hate that there is no possibility to close a bug with a checkin.
And that SF displays only the full name of an item submitter, but not
commenters.

Georg