[Python-Dev] what do you like about other trackers and what do you hate about SF?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Apr 28 00:28:58 CEST 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006, Brett Cannon wrote:

> So, if you could, please reply to this message with ONE thing you have
> found in a tracker other than SF that you have liked (especially
> compared to SF) and ONE thing you dislike/hate about SF's tracker.  I
> will use the replies as a quick-and-dirty features list of stuff that
> we would like to see demonstrated in the test trackers.

My biggest peeve about SF is the cluttered interface.  The basic tracker
interface should take two or three screens in 25x80 mode with Lynx.

Oh, yes, the tracker must work with Lynx.  SF technically qualifies as of
the last time I checked, but for several years I was unable to use Lynx
to submit bugs.

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours."  --Richard Bach